There is so much to see and do close to Loch Tay Highland Lodges. Pretty villages, Falls of Dochart, hill climbing, touring, outdoor pursuits and some magnificent scenery right on the doorstep.
Ben Lawers National Nature Reserve
Ben Lawers National Nature Reserve (NNR) gets its name from the highest mountain in the central highlands, Ben Lawers.
Owned and managed by the National Trust for Scotland, the 4723 hectare reserve includes nine mountains in the Lawers and Tarmachan ranges and is one of the most important nature conservation sites in Britain.
It is designated for its mountain plants, including several nationally rare species, but has plenty of other spectacular wildlife such as mountain birds and butterflies.
There are plenty of opportunities for walking and at the Ben Lawers National Reserve:
- popular routes up Ben Lawers and Meall nan Tarmachan are accessed from the Reserve car park
- there is a short nature trail which is ideal for families or those not wishing to head for the summits
- the car park can be accessed on foot by following the track which starts immediately above the road opposite the entrance to Loch Tay Highland Lodges
- leaflets and information is available from the car park
- trust rangers offer a programme of guided walks and events during the summer
For more information see www.nts.org.uk.